Thursday, September 4, 2014

Blog Post #1

......Hi everyone, my name is Suriyarattana Rod-On (Ink). I am from Thailand, the land of smile. I am sixteen years old. This is my second year living in Abu Dhabi also studying in Raha International School. It is my first time studying abroad which gives me opportunity to meet new friends from many countries. I am interested in cars, nature and economic. I love being in a car travelling to new places with my family. Meanwhile, my intention is to achieve IB diploma leading to the next step of my life, diplomat. I want to be diplomat so that I will get an opportunity to communicate with people from many countries and cultures. It is my only dream.


          Role of Language in My Life

Language is a system that humans use to communicate for their survival. Humans need language to tranfer ideas with others in order to live in the world. We all have ability to communicate since we were born, and so do I. It is a natural instinct. Language has been an important part of my life expressed in many ways. It is a tool that I used to communicate with family and people. I used body language to communicate when I was young. I told my mother what I wanted using my hands and face. When the ability to speak came, it was the time that I fully used and learned language. I used language to inform what I feel, want and desire. Meanwhile, I used language to question what I did not understand in order to get better understanding from the people around me. Language influenced me the most when I am in school. It is the only way that I can gather information and knowledge through studying. Language was used to communicate in order to make the most efficient project when getting group work. The knowledge that teachers teach was given through language which is the only way that I can gather. Language is the way that I used to develop my skills with others by sharing ideas. It removed barriers that cut me to be connected with others. Language was also another tool that I used to share what I believed. It was the way that I used to judge what was right or wrong. At the same time ,writing is another role of language that I used. It is very important that everyone knows how to write. Writing was an initial way of recording ideas or theories before electronic devices came. I was initially recorded my ideas or knowledge from teachers by writing. It was the only way that I could use to communicate my understanding with teachers. Teachers gave their advices through writing as well. It was how I study in past. Another way apart from using language in studying was to increase relationship between people. I used language to greet people that I wanted to know. I used language to impress people around me. Hence, I can say that language is the most important thing in my life that I have to know. It is the beginning of everything. If language did not exist, there would not be new ideas, development, philosophy and humans would be meaningless.

7 comments:

  1. No way, u wanna be a diplomat?! U should join MUN!!

    I liked the definition of language, especially the part about how it removes barriers between people :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ink!!
    I really liked and enjoyed your blog post man, So good job on that. What i found most interesting was that you were able to explain to your mother what you wanted by using body language and i find that really cool and an aspect of language that i still have not taken into consideration.
    Keep up the good work buddy. And good job again ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ink! you did a great job explaining language in relation to learning but what do you exactly mean by "I use language to impress people around me" ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting that you want to be a diplomat. My father being one, I consider myself lucky for the exposure of different cultural contexts that I am able to receive at a young age. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find it interesting that you included gestures as a language and i can totally agree with you. For example, people who view the deaf or the mutes might think that they have a hard time communicating with each other, but in fact even they have a language of their own. It's great to see a different point of view when it comes to language.

    ReplyDelete